Anonymous asked: No anger, but why are bronies trash?
well let’s see
- appropriated a TV show aimed at little girls and made it solely about themselves (and will, as the post I reblogged indicates, pitch a shit when you bring up this fact)
- took characters from a show created and written by a feminist about feminist ideals and reduced them to nothing but over-sexualized waifu material and a mouthpiece for their misogynistic bullshit agenda (see Princess Molestia)
- draw copious amounts of pornography of said characters, post them where they’re easily accessed by minors and then pitch a shit when other people tell them that they need to tag it or post it to appropriate websites
- complacent (eager, even) to send death and rape threats to a teenage girl for trying (and succeeding) to get Princess Molestia taken down
- sexually harassing minors, sexually harassing VAs at brony conventions
- go into Absolute Batshit Racist Mode when any humanized ponies are depicted as ANYTHING other than white
- fandom is fraught with homophobia/transphobia/transfetishism (Futashy)
- I’m sure there’s a lot more but I honestly try to keep approximately 800000000000000 parsecs away from this putrid group of people, after—especially after—receiving several hateful comments simply because I stated (in passing) I didn’t like the show
- and no, I really super do not care if “not all bronies are like that”; if you want to use willful ignorance as an excuse to associate yourself with a toxic fandom then that’s your business. don’t bring it to me
How about just fucking stop. Ugh, luckily I’m to tied to even tedious to this properly but I really hate generalized bullshit like this
lmfao these aren’t even generalizations these are things that have actually happened
so no I’m not going to “just fucking stop” because you don’t want to feel guilty about how unbelievably shitty a lot of your fandom is
Ontario cosplayers might enjoy this! It’s a chance to wear a costume and do some good for the community.
Northern Panic: Cosplay City Clean Up!
A Cosplay City Clean Up Competition!
Hosted By Northern Panic
Date: Sunday May 4th 2014
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
London and Toronto are going to face off in their first annual Cosplay Clean Up! The mission is to see who can clean their Canadian city the best, while in costume! Teams will be headed up by Don’t Panic Cosplay in London, Ontario and by Northern Belle in Toronto, Ontario. Both teams will take before/after photos of their parks and a photo of all the trash collected and a ‘winner’ decided.
Wow got my compression tank top super fast on the mail. Bless Amazon.co.uk.